COVID-19 Letter to Patients
To our family of patients:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. We follow recommendations and guidelines made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This allows us to make sure that our infection control procedures are up-to-date and enables us to provide the safest environment for our patients and their family members.
During this time, we have implemented additional safety precautions to help protect our patients and staff.
- A two-step screening process has been implemented. Our office will communicate with you by phone beforehand to ask some screening questions and will reconfirm once you arrive at your appointment.
- Every person entering the office is expected to wear a face covering and will be asked to sanitize their hands immediately upon entry.
- We ask that patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible.
- Patients and staff will have their temperatures taken upon entering the office.
- Clear plastic screens (sneeze guards) have been installed at the front desk to minimize exposure to airborne pathogens.
- At the beginning of every appointment, you will be asked to pre-rinse with a hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse.
- Medical-grade high efficiency particulate arrestance (HEPA) air purifiers and extra oral vacuum devices have been installed to help improve the air quality and reduce aerosols in the treatment areas.
- Our doctors and staff will be wearing all of the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE).
Thank you for being part of our family dental practice.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Lance G. Rose, Dr. Katherine M. Rose and our amazing staff
The clock is ticking...
The clock is ticking...
Use it or lose it! You may still have dental benefits for this year or left over dollars on your flex spending account (FSA.) You paid for it so use it! Call us to schedule an appointment!
Welcome to Rose Family Dentistry!
Our practice is devoted to comprehensive and preventive patient care. We have been providing dental services to patients of all ages in the Beaver and Rochester areas for over 35 years. We work with our patients so they can achieve and maintain a beautiful smile, by having healthy gums and teeth. Our dental team takes the time with our patients to ensure they have a comfortable and enjoyable experience in our relaxed office setting. Give us a call today to schedule your appointment!
Two Convenient Locations - Beaver & Rochester
65 Maple Dr.
Beaver (Brighton Twp.), PA 15009
304 Adams St.
Rochester, PA 15074
New patients of all ages welcome!
Most dental insurances accepted
(including, but not limited to: Aetna, Ameritas, Assurant, Careington, Cigna, Delta Dental, Dominion, GEHA, Guardian, Humana, Metlife, Principal, Sun Life Financial, Tricare, United Concordia, UPMC and United Healthcare)